Your wedding ceremony is a unique event and by choosing an Independent Celebrant you can fully personalise your ceremony, unlike a religious or civil ceremony which follows a set formula. With a celebrant you can express your personalities.
- You can use traditional elements putting your own unique twist on them
- Your ceremony can include religious and cultural elements if you wish
- You are not restricted by legal requirements or religious rites
- You can have your ceremony anywhere, including outdoors
- You can have your ceremony at any time
As an Independent Celebrant I will help you to create a very special personalised ceremony, unique and meaningful to you. I will spend time with you getting to know you and your ideas and wishes.
Personalised Ceremony Options
As an Independent Celebrant I will meet with you to discuss your ideas and I will be able to provide information and make suggestions for you to consider. I will be available to chat to on the phone or by Zoom throughout the planning process. I will lead your ceremony on the day.
We will create your ceremony together so it will just what you would like it to be. Your ceremony can include:
- Your love story–how did you come together, fall in love, decide to marry.
- Your vows – write your own or adapt some examples which I can provide
- Exchange of rings – choose your own wording
- A symbolic ritual to enhance your ceremony – see my blogs on many different options
- Readings, poetry, prayers or blessings. – See my blog with some examples
- Music – recorded or live
- Involve your pets
This is just a starting point and you may already have your own ideas.
I will be contactable throughout the process of creating your ceremony. I will visit the venue (dependent on distance) to ensure I know the layout and to discuss practicalities with you and the venue coordinator.
Remember it’s always your choice, as long it is safe, anything goes!
Legal requirements: It isn’t necessary to have the registration of your marriage and your wedding ceremony at the same time or on the same day. Many couples complete the legal formalities at a Registry Office with just a couple of witnesses then have their personalised wedding ceremony at a place and time of their choosing with their family and friends.Find more information here